Welcome to The Parenting Playground
If you’re searching the Internet for help and you’ve come across this blog, then it’s a safe bet that you’ve already learned that being a parent isn’t always what you imagined it would be. There are no instruction manuals, no magic wands or “do-overs”, and, I hate to break it to you, but the Super Nanny ain’t coming. But that’s ok!
I’m Dr. Jennifer, a Psychologist and a Parent Coach, with a true passion for empowering families. I am creating this blog for you – the brave, every-day warriors we call Parents – because I am committed to empowering you to create peaceful homes and healthy children. With this blog, I will serve up a veritable buffet of resources to guide you through every aspect of your childrearing journey while preserving your sanity.
Each week, expert contributors will address a wide range of topics facing parents every day:
- Our Parent Coach will teach you effective tools and strategies for setting loving limits, creating clear communication, and strengthening the bond between you and your child.
- Our Special Education Advocate will help you learn to navigate the school system and effectively advocate for your child’s rights.
- Our “Sneaky Dietician” will show you how you can get your kids to see there is more to food than pizza and chicken nuggets.
- Our Pediatric Sports Doc will educate you about sports injury prevention so you can keep your young athlete safe.
- Our Fitness Guru will share fun ways to get your children engaged in physical activities that will exercise more than just their two thumbs!
- Our Relationship Coach will share powerful techniques and insights designed to create a deeper and more meaningful connection between you and your partner.
- Our Life Coach will inspire you to create a balanced and fulfilling life, while rediscovering the YOU you were before your kids came along.
- Our “Really Cool Dad” will open your eyes to his perspective on the joys and challenges of modern day fatherhood.
I’m glad you found us, and I hope you’ll come back often. No matter how insurmountable the obstacle you’re facing may seem, The Parenting Playground will help you navigate this bumpy yet glorious journey of raising children without losing your head!
Thanks for stopping by!